Wan Chai Development Phase II at Wan Chai East (Stage 3)
Contract No. HK/2009/02
- Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Government of Hong Kong S.A.R. (CEDD Dept.)
The Company are happy to announce it been awarded the diving services inspection term contract by Civil Engineering & Development Department of Hong Kong who are tasked with Wan Chai Development Phase 11.
The Wan Chai Development Phase II (WDII) Project is the final phase of the Central and Wan Chai Reclamation. The WDII Project will provide land for essential transport infrastructure, including the Central-Wan Chai Bypass (CWB), the Island Eastern Corridor Link (IECL), the MTR North Hong Kong Island Line (NIL) and the fourth rail harbour crossing section of the Shatin to Central Link (SCL).
In providing land for key transport infrastructure and facilities, opportunity is taken to improve the waterfront, with open plazas, landscaped areas, marinas, leisure, cultural and entertainment facilities, for the enrichment of Hong Kong's quality of life.
GBFC are currently mobilizing the personnel, equipment and materials to execute the scope of works for the project which include, but not limited to, the inspection, recording and reporting of the following engineering works;
- caisson seawalls;
- vertical seawalls;
- drainage culverts, submarine sewerage outfalls and cooling water intakes, etc
The Principle Engineers Representative appointed by CEDD is AECOM to ensure that the works are constructed and recorded in a proper manner.
- conditions of dredged surfaces;
- placing of brimstones, toe blocks, seawall blocks, armour blocks;
- placing of seawalls;
- lapping of geotextile layers;
- collection of tube samples during dredging operation;
- conditions of silt screens and silt curtains;
- any other related diving inspection works, including working in confined spaces;