QA/QC Consultant - North Side Cantonment Area,
Kabul International Airport
- International Technical Solutions Incorporated & Air Force Center For Environmental Excellence
- 2006 - 2007
Management of the quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) of a large landmine & UXO clearance project on the north side of Kabul airport. The project site was 30 hectares in size and located on a former Soviet military base.
The work required:
- The removal of scrap including fighting vehicles and aircraft.
- The separation of UXO from the scrap.
- The classification of the UXO and assessment of its suitability for movement.
- The excavation of bunkers and utilities as part of the UXO search process.
- The clearance of known minefields.
- Liaison with the US Airforce Center For Environmental Excellence.
- Liaison with NATO EOD teams to ensure the correct disposal of recovered UXO.
- QA/QC checks to ensure contractual compliance.
- Sign-off of cleared areas for hand over to the construction company.