Nam Wan Tunnels
Nam Wan Tunnels & West Tsing Yi Viaduct
- Tsing Yi Island, Hong Kong
- Government of Hong Kong S.A.R (Highways Dept)
- Ove Arup & Partners Hong Kong Limited
- Gammon Skanska International Joint Venture
- 2004 - 2007
Gammon Skanska International Joint Venture is driving twin road tunnels and constructing the associated viaducts on Tsing Yi Island, Hong Kong for the Highways Department of the Government of Hong Kong S.A.R.
Nam Wan Tunnel and West Tsing Yi Viaduct (NWT & WTYV) is one of the major elements of Route 8 between Tsing Yi and Cheung Sha Wan linking the existing Cheung Tsing Highway and the proposed Route 8 East Tsing Yi Viaduct.
The scope of NWT & WTYV Contract mainly includes:
- Construction of a 1.2 km dual 3-lane Nam Wan Tunnel including tunnel E&M installations;
- Construction of a 1.5 km West Tsing Yi Viaduct with hard shoulders connecting Nam Wan Tunnel and existing Cheung Tsing Highway;
- Construction of a portal building on the east side of Nam Wan Tunnel, a west portal structure on the west side thereof and a West Control Building;
- Road junction improvement works at Sai Tso Wan Road in southwest Tsing Yi.
The Company has been contracted for delivery, supply and application of waterproofing works for the architectural builder's works and finishes (ABWF).