Deep Bay Link
Deep Bay Link - Southern
- NW New Territories, Hong Kong
- Government of Hong Kong S.A.R (Highways Dept)
- Ove Arup & Partners Hong Kong Limited
- China State Joint Venture
- 2003 - 2006
Deep Bay Link is a 5.4km long dual three-lane strategic carriageway connecting the Hong Kong-Shenzhen Western Corridor at Ngau Hom Shek at the shoreline to the existing road networks in the Hong Kong Special Administration Region via Yuen Long Highway at Lam Tei.
Deep Bay Link is being constructed under two separate contracts and its southern Section (DBL(S)) covered under this contract primarily comprises the construction of the Lam Tei Interchange and widening of the Yuen Long Highway between Fu Tei and Tan Kwai Tseun. The interchange connects the northern section of Deep Bay Link to Route 3 in the east and Tuen Mun Road in the west, via the Yuen Long Highway.
The scope of DBL(S) Contract mainly includes:
- Construction of the Lam Tei Interchange in the form of viaducts;
- Construction of approximately 160m long Deep Bay Link mainline in the form of viaducts;
- Reconstruction and widening of approximately 2km of Yuen Long Highway;
- Erection of noise barriers and provision of associated civil, structural, electrical & mechanical, geotechnical, utility, landscape and drainage works, fire services, waterworks, street lighting, traffic aids and directional signs.
The Company has been contracted for delivery, supply and application of waterproofing treatment and finishes for all median barriers and parapets.